The cost of shaving: Is OneBlade really worth it?
Let’s have an honest conversation about the cost of shaving.
To begin, let’s establish a baseline.
Every razor company and customer will agree—when you notice tugging, pulling, nicking, or rust it's time to change your blade or cartridge.
Even though other shaving companies claim their blades typically last between 8 to 10 shaves, most men see noticeable differences in the feel, closeness, and comfort of their shaves after 3 to 4 shaves. Sound familiar?
So let’s say you typically shave every other day, meaning you use one cartridge or blade per week.
How much does it actually cost to use today's popular cartridge razors?
- If you’re using the Gillette Fusion5 razor, and purchase your cartridges on Amazon, you’re spending $3.62 each week, $188.24 each year.
- If you’re using Harry’s and purchase cartridges through one of their shaving plans, you’re spending $2 each week, $104 every year.
- If you’re using Dollar Shave Club and use their Executive cartridges, you’re spending $2.50 each week, $130 every year.
- If you’re using Dollar Shave Club and use their 4X cartridge, you’re spending $1.75 each week, $91 every year.
- The average customer on a OneBlade automatic blade refill plan spends $1.21 per week on blades, or $63 a year.
- Let's not forget that OneBlade razors are guaranteed for LIVES. Yes, lives. Not only your life but those of your child and grandchild. So not only are the blade costs over time reasonable.. this should be the last razor handle you ever buy!
It's true... you could get the single-edge shaving experience for cheaper by going the traditional safety razor route, but here’s the OneBlade difference:
- OneBlade razors were obsessively engineered. Our goal was to create a safety razor that was more forgiving, user-friendly, and had a shorter learning curve than what was on the market. One year and 1,001 prototypes later, that’s exactly what we did.
- Our patented pivoting head design gives first-time users a familiarity that echoes back to their cartridge shaving experience, reducing the learning curve as compared to traditional safety razors.
- We make sustainability easy. Our blade disposal bank is 100% recyclable, meaning when it’s full, just toss it in the recycle bin with all the blades in it. That’s it.
So, when deciding which company you want to supply your shaving routine needs with, which company will you choose?
To simply your routine and save more, go with OneBlade.